Recent Post

Hi Doctor! I was reading a recent post, here it is: "I have recently did a HIV test using OraQuick at my GP clinic end Jan'09 and was tested negative. But my doc told me that HIV could have a window period of up to 10yrs and even if I am tested negative for now, I may be tested positive in future, even if I do not engage in any sexual activity with any infected person anymore. Does this mean that there is no 100% accurate methods to ensure that I definitely do not have HIV at all? Hope to reveive your advise. Thanks."

1. Anyhow, this has got me confused!! How could a doctor say something like that and think it's accurate?

2. Is there any recent controversy on this, or have you never heard of such a thing?

3. The longest I have ever heard for the window period is 1 year, in VERY rare cases. But 10 years?

4. Do you think the doctor meant that HIV symptoms don't occur until about 10 years after exposure?

I will donate $100 for my anxiety, and I'm sure other peoples anxiety after reading that. I see people sending karma to you, and I'm a BIG believer in that, so I send mucho fab karma to you!!! Along with $100 check ;) *Cyber Hug*

You read the post, but did you read my response as well??? (See below.) I advised the questioner she needed to find a more competent doctor! There is no doubt the doc she went to had what we refer to as a cranial-rectal inversion; that means he has his head up his butt.

To specifically respond to your questions:

1. Why be confused? People make shit up all the time. Remember Bush/Cheney and the WMDs? I certainly have no control over what other folks say (or do!). This "doctor" could have gotten his license off eBay for all I know.

2. No and no.

3. Relax Max! You're stressing out over a nonexistent problem!

4. I have no idea what he meant nor do I care. And nor should you! Why waste time on meaningless mental masturbation over a nonexistent problem! The information, either as relayed to the questioner or as interpreted by her, was clearly wrong. Period. End of story, OK?

Thanks for your generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). And of course a special thanks for the "mucho fab karma" and cyber hugs. I'm sending some right back at you as well!

Stay well. Stop worrying, OK?

HIV Window Period Mar 16, 2009

I have recently did a HIV test using OraQuick at my GP clinic end Jan'09 and was tested negative. But my doc told me that HIV could have a window period of up to 10yrs and even if I am tested negative for now, I may be tested positive in future, even if I do not engage in any sexual activity with any infected person anymore. Does this mean that there is no 100% accurate methods to ensure that I definitely do not have HIV at all? Hope to reveive your advise. Thanks.

Your doctor told you the HIV window period was 10 years long. Does this mean your negative HIV test was not conclusive and that you need to worry about being infected for the whole next decade? Nope. All it really means is that you need to find a more competent doctor!

Mom offers $50!! (CARING FOR AN HIV/AIDS PATIENT AT HOME)
Upset with Dr Bob...