HIV+ Dorm Roommate

Hey Doctor, I know you get a lot of messages, so I hope you can find mine through the array of messages. My roommate just confessed to me that he is HIV+. I've been rooming with him for months. A few months back he and his boyfriend had sex in our shower, right after that, I took a shower. I had very severe athletes/peeling foot between my toes. They bleed quite often. If I had walked in the shower after they had sex and stepped on semen that was on the floor, could I have been infected through the severe athletes foot I have? It was probably about 5 minutes or less after they got out, that I walked in.

I took a rapid HIV test at 5 months and another at 6 months. Is this conclusive enough? Or should I take another at 12 months?

Even if i hadn't taken tests, would this still be a risk?

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Your negative HIV tests at five and six months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted or necessary.

By the way, that dorm shower sex scene sounds hot! Damn, I miss college.

Be well, and get your athlete's foot problem tended to! Peeling, cracked, bloody feet are not sexy and athlete's foot is easily treated!

HIV Via Eye
Mom offers $50!! (CARING FOR AN HIV/AIDS PATIENT AT HOME)