HIV Via Eye
Mar 16, 2009
Doctor Bob - I have some questions. I was watching at the Sydney Mardi Gras the other night. I am worried about these 2 things:
1. I think a mosquito flew into my eye.
2. I was sitting next to a person who had bare feet. He had walked through the grass and got some bindiis (small little grass prickles) in his feet. He brused all the prickles and grass off and as he has done this they floated into the air and blew my way and some into my face.
Can I catch HIV from either of these scenarios via my eye (blood)?
I am not being prejudicial against gay people - I was there in support of my mother in law who is gay. Its just that statistically and demographically, 90% of HIV cases in Australia are gay men living in inner city.
I will make a donation
Response from Dr. Frascino
"Can I catch HIV from either of these scenarios . . ."? No, silly Sheila, of course not. If HIV were transmitted that easily, it would have wiped out the planet years ago.
Enjoy Mardi gras and stop worrying. She'll be apples, OK doll?
G'day and g'nite too!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Seropositive Definition
- Hiv Symptoms Newborns
- If I Get Back A Normal Pap Smear Can I Still Be Hiv Positive?
- If You Have Sex With A Girl And Another Without A Condom Do I Have Hiv?
- Are Stiff Neck And Fatigue Burning Eyes Symptoms Of Aids?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Hepatitis C From A Needlestick?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.