HIV Via Eye

Doctor Bob - I have some questions. I was watching at the Sydney Mardi Gras the other night. I am worried about these 2 things:

1. I think a mosquito flew into my eye.

2. I was sitting next to a person who had bare feet. He had walked through the grass and got some bindiis (small little grass prickles) in his feet. He brused all the prickles and grass off and as he has done this they floated into the air and blew my way and some into my face.

Can I catch HIV from either of these scenarios via my eye (blood)?

I am not being prejudicial against gay people - I was there in support of my mother in law who is gay. Its just that statistically and demographically, 90% of HIV cases in Australia are gay men living in inner city.

I will make a donation

"Can I catch HIV from either of these scenarios . . ."? No, silly Sheila, of course not. If HIV were transmitted that easily, it would have wiped out the planet years ago.

Enjoy Mardi gras and stop worrying. She'll be apples, OK doll?

G'day and g'nite too!

ever heard a story like this?
HIV+ Dorm Roommate