HIV Window Period

I have recently did a HIV test using OraQuick at my GP clinic end Jan'09 and was tested negative. But my doc told me that HIV could have a window period of up to 10yrs and even if I am tested negative for now, I may be tested positive in future, even if I do not engage in any sexual activity with any infected person anymore. Does this mean that there is no 100% accurate methods to ensure that I definitely do not have HIV at all? Hope to reveive your advise. Thanks.

Your doctor told you the HIV window period was 10 years long. Does this mean your negative HIV test was not conclusive and that you need to worry about being infected for the whole next decade? Nope. All it really means is that you need to find a more competent doctor!

HIV in the mail? Here's your package ma'am
Not your usual "symptoms question" (NATURAL HISTORY OF HIV, 2009)