HIV in the mail? Here's your package ma'am

So I ordered two dresses over the internet, when I opened the packaged I noticed some red stains on my dresses. First thing I thought was "blood!!" I threw them in the washer. If it was HIV infected blood is there a risk if I wear it? The stains are on the crotch area as well as the back. I have sever acne on my back and now I'm afraid it can transfer through that? Should I throw it in the wash again, or throw the dresses away?

And if in fact it was blood, is my washer safe to wash other clothes? I just use TIDE brand, and after they dried I can STILL see the stains!!

Where do I send paypal donation? Thank you so much for your time and patients with all of us!

HIV in the mail? Nah. Not unless you had unsafe sex with a hot virally enhanced mailman.

HIV does not survive very long at all outside the body. The blood stains on the dresses may be icky but they wouldn't be an HIV risk. Your washer and dryer are fine, by the way.

My only suggestions are to stop worrying and to choose a more reputable Internet vendor.

Donation information, including the PayPal link, can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well.

Follow up to "Super Duper Fast Question"
HIV Window Period