Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV + and married
Mar 15, 2009

Dr Bob, I am stunned & don't know what to do. I am married to a husband who has AIDS. During my first year in marriage, i noticed that he had put his profile on pozmatch.com saying he is single & looking for women- FYI we are legally married for 3 yrs now. Today i found out he purchased something or paid a certain amt. of money on Feb 14 2009 to Manhunt.net. I didn't know what this place is until when i called & was told is a site for men seeking men. Could he be looking for men for sex? I thought because both of us are positive is time to settle & move on with life. I feel like i can walk out of this marriage right now. He pretends to be the best man & i am wondering if he is disclosing his status of having AIDS. I don't know what to do Dr. Bob & i don't want to be more stressed for the sake of my health. Since he came home this evening i don't feel like i want to talk to him and he is realizing there is something wrong with me though i haven't said anything.He asked me if i am fine i said yes but it is hard for me to hide it. All i can call him now is a dirty man and i am very upset. Please advice.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Within the first year of marriage your poz hubby was posting his profile on pozmatch.com saying he was single and looking for women???? Ohhh . . . there's a red flag for you! And now he's on Manhunt.net? Well, I'm quite certain he's not doing research. So it's fairly safe to say your hubby is out trick-or-treating and apparently playing on both sides of the proverbial fence. I think it's time (long past time) that you had a heart-to-heart talk with your husband concerning his chat-room activities. It's possible couples counseling might help. But in reality I tend to doubt this guy is the type of husband that "happily ever afters" are made of.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Test Centers
Next
Follow up to "Super Duper Fast Question"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.