Test Centers

I wanted to know if certain test centers are valid companies. This is the one I went to http://www.rapidscreenings.com/ They had me go through LabCorp for blood work. But the actually company I called is the link above! Everything is over the phone!!

I ask because my test was supposed to be done in one day and it took 3 days. IF blood is in a test tube and left out will the results be valid still? I know HIV in blood or semen dies within time, so if the blood they took from me was left out long before they sent it to the labs would it still detect HIV?

Basically, if blood is left out I know it loses the strength to infect, BUT can it still detect antibodies?

My test was Negative after one or two years after exposure, so I want to woo hoo instead of boo hoo!

$75 donation for some confusion to be relieved! Thanks so much. Hope you're doing well and I send you wonderful karma for your wonderful work! You must be overloaded in good luck karma for all that you do! XOXO

No worries mate (as they say in Australia). HIV tests assay for anti-HIV antibodies, not live virus. The antibodies are proteins that circulate in the blood. They are not "alive." Your test results would still be absolutely accurate! All you need to do now is yell WOO-HOO! OK?

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Gay Best Friend
HIV + and married