I dont know of any specialist who can answer my question. I should have gone to med. school myself.

Dr. Bob, I had an unprotected exposure with a unknown person. I got tested for HIV antibody 1 and 2 after 3 months after the exposure. Both the results came negative. My question to you is that for the past ten years i drink alcohol every day and i smoke a pack of cigarettes every day. They say that alcohol and smoking causes immunesuppression. My question to you is that Do you think my HIV antibody tests are false negative? Do you think my smoking and drinking might effect the HIV 1 and HIV 2 antibody test or can the alcohol/smoking effect the window period? I will donate tommorow itself. I have your address. Please answer my concern

1. Daily alcohol and smoking a pack of cigarettes every day will not affect the accuracy of your HIV test.

2. Daily alcohol and smoking a pack of cigarettes very day will not affect the body's ability to make anti-HIV antibodies.

3. Daily alcohol and smoking a pack of cigarettes every day will not alter the duration of the window period.

4. However, daily alcohol and smoking a pack of cigarettes every day will kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion. Time to clean up your act. HIV is not your problem, but your alcohol and nicotine abuse does pose a very significant risk to your health. I strongly recommend you stop both immediately.

Strep Throat Infection That Won't Go Away
I Prefer My Milk From Cows,,,, yikes