Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Follow : Sucking breast part 2
Mar 15, 2009

dear Dr.Robert

i just sent donation using paypal from xxxxxxxx@.....

I did ask you before , and your answer was

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Infected/Q197825.html

acutlly i listened for what you said and didnt went to hospital to do another test ... now im in 7 month after the sucking th e horror breast ... but recently im getting very very strong headache and i fell dizzy all the day>.. also i feel no energy ...sometimes i feel like i cant see >>> also i feel my tooth will drop ... is it usuall for HIV + to get these symptoms at 7 months !! >>

i dont know but im scared to death now and i think im first case of having hiv from sucking breast !!! Help meeeeeeeeeee

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Welcome back to the forum. Sorry to hear you are still worrying about this non-exposure! As I mentioned last time, 20 seconds of nibbling on and sucking boobs is not a risk for HIV! No way. No how! Plus, your previous negative HIV test at 79 days lends additional evidence to the fact that HIV is not your problem. Your recent symptoms are not suggestive of nor are they worrisome for HIV disease or HIV acute retroviral syndrome. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but what I can do with great certainty is advise you that your symptoms are not caused by HIV! I would suggest you see your general medicine doctor for a checkup. With your headache and teeth symptoms it's possible you might have a sinus infection, which could account for both symptoms. If no medical cause can be found for your symptoms, you should be evaluated for possible psychosomatic causes, such as anxiety, stress and excessive worry related to your fears of HIV.

Finally, as I mentioned last time (see below), "if you continue to worry despite my reassurance, get another HIV test . . . I have absolutely no doubt the test result will be negative." My assessment and advice remain exactly the same. HIV is not your problem; fear of HIV is!

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you will continue to test HIV negative. I'm absolutely confident you will. Counseling may help your unwarranted fears of being infected with HIV.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

I donated !!! hepl me for the last time Dec 11, 2008

HI Dr.Robert

i just sent donation using paypal from xxxxxxxx@.....

plase answer my question

I sucked girl breast( nibbles ) for less than 20 second .. here states unknown ... then after 79 days i got tested and negative ... but lately im having wired unxplained mouth symstopms .. like alot of red spot in roof of my mouth which goes and come again ... they gone now. but left like dark area ..is this hiv related ??? do i need to test again ?

i feel like im HIV positive >>

i will be the first one who got hiv from sucking breast !!!! please help me .. i promise i willnot ask you again !!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Your 79-day negative test corroborates your HIV-negative status. Your "symstopms" are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV. Additional HIV testing is not warranted medically. However, if you continue to worry, despite my reassurance, then get an HIV test at the three-month mark. I have absolutely no doubt the test result will be negative. However, if this allows you to put your (unwarranted) HIV fears permanently to rest, it will be worth the time and effort psychologically. Please note "feeling" like you have HIV and actually having HIV are two very different things!

Will you be the first person to get HIV from "sucking breast?" No, absolutely not!

Thanks for your donation!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Inked Jake contd
Next
fellow doctor needs help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.