The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help me Dr. 100 USD donation already made

Mar 14, 2009

Hello Dr. Bob,

Thank you for getting back to me. As suggested I am resubmitting my post.

First, thank you for the great job you do.

To make the long story short.

On the 8th of this month I had what I consider a high risk vaginal sex with a sex worker. I did use condom but I did not notice that I had a fresh broken infected ingrown hair with pus in the base of my penis that was not covered by the condom. During vaginal sex it started burning due to the vaginal fluids covering the area and it kind of react and got Swelled. After sex (maybe 15 minutes) I squezzed and got pus with little blood. Now I am very worry about the risk of the infection. I talked to the girl about her HIV status and she told me she was clean and that they are checked every 3 months for hiv and every week for other routine std exams (Panama Law). Please let me know what is my risk.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Overall I would consider your HIV risk negligible. However, as a precaution I'd suggest you get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark to put any residual fears permanently to rest. I highly suspect the results will be negative. I'll send my good-luck/good-health karma!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

is the use of poppers safe (POPPERS, 2009)
Herpes and infection

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint