Smoking and its effects on Window period

Dear Dr. Bob I was wondering if smoking has any effect on the duration of the window period for HIV. As I've been told, smoking lowers your immune system. So I was wondering would it effect my body in a way that it wouldn't be able to create enough antibodies to be detected by an HIV test. I don't know if many people ask about this but it's a concern for me cause I'm just coming up on 3 months since time of possible exposure and I was wondering if smoking would effect the test. Please reply to me soon. -Very Anxious.

Hello Very Anxious,

If smoking affected HIV test results, don't you think we'd be advising folks of that little fact? Frevinsakes! Be reasonable.

Smoking does not affect HIV test results.

Smoking does not affect the duration of the window period.

Smoking does not affect the production of anti-HIV antibodies.

Smoking, however, will kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion. I strongly advise you quit immediately.

another worried guy
is the use of poppers safe (POPPERS, 2009)