wet purpura

DR,

I have had several tests after 4 and 8 months of a exposure with an african sex worker. The test 8 months after exposure was done a month after experiencing painly lymph nodes and the prescence of what is called wet purpura (trombophenia) in my mouth (inner cheeks). When I visited a specialist to see my lymph nodes he said that my lymph nodes weren't very abnormal. Now I can feel these lymph nodes but they don't hurt anymore. The most I'm afraid of are these wet purpura. They come and go even after this last test. Sometimes they are gone for three days then they come back...

What would this mean to you?

I Will donate you brave work with some symbolic euro's

Thanks a lot!!! Koen

Hello Koen,

You've had negative HIV tests at four and eight months after a potential exposure. These results are definitive and conclusive. (If the African sex worker was from West Africa, you should be screened for HIV-2 as well as HIV-1.) A physician has advised you your lymph nodes "weren't very abnormal." These facts indicate HIV is not your problem.

I can't diagnose the cause of your purpura over the Internet. One thing is certain: HIV is not the problem. Follow up with your doctor or a hematologist to determine the cause.

Nipple Playing
another worried guy