POST WOOHOO!!! WOW!!! GO GET TESTED!!

Thank you Dr. Frascino, for giving me the courage to go through with it... I have been suffering sooooo deeply for the past 6 months with every ailment possible!!!! Even though you didn't answer my previous question, It gave me strength just after writing you to take the step and get tested. THE FOLLOWING IS FOR ALL THOSE WORRIED WELL OUT THERE!!! I made some very bad decisions that I greatly regretted. I am in the medical profession and knew better, there is no excuse. I used a bad divorce as a silly reason to sew my oats!! Let me tell you my experience which mirrors many of those that I have read on the forum. I began my "free spirited" living in February of 2008... I went worry free until about August 2008. I honestly took every stupid risk you could take and medically I developed all the symptoms. In August I contracted Ureaplasma Urealyticum, which causes inflammation, drainage and pain from the urethra.. This is a common STD, but it puts you at greater risk for contracting HIV as a woman. Not knowing what I had, I continued to have sex. This started the whirlwind of agony. A month later, I was in the emergency room with exhaustion - I was so worried about it. It went away with antibiotics, but the fear of HIV did not. I had night sweats 3 nights in a row, swollen lymph nodes behind my knees and under my arms, pain in my arms that seemed to travel around my body for months.. YES MONTHS!! I broke out in a rash on my back, sure to be maculopapular and HIV!!! My tongue turned white, and I drove my doctor crazy for nystatin oral treatment. The joint/muscle pain and extreme fatigue has been with me for 4 months straight with no let up at all. I finally got a full work up last week... for every STD they could draw blood for... I DID IT!! If I can do it... SO CAN YOU!!! If you have children, GO DO IT!! Your children need your attention right now, HIV web surfing does not!! I am negative on ALL accounts....I was so scared, so scared...you know how this feels!! Make it end... go get tested. I truly believe that even if your positive its better to know so that you can give the love and attention that those around you need, instead of all the constant worrying taking over your life. Please go get tested... take that step.. Free yourself, either way.. you are the person in control of how your life unfolds... DO IT!! WOO HOO!! I am so happy to say IM NEGATIVE!!!!!!!

WOO-HOO. Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your newfound insights! "Go get tested . . . don't web surf for HIV symptoms . . . don't rely on symptoms . . . ." Hmm . . . that sounds strangely familiar. Where have heard those sentiments before?

Be well. Stay well!

Follow up "Going insane and very depressed/ NEW DONATION"
Fellow doctor needs help