$50 Testing Q&A

I had an incident 2 1/2 - 3 years ago (not sure if it was 2 1/2 years or 3 years ago) It was french/deep kissing for about 2 minutes. I have been living in fear this whole time and never got tested.

I called CDC and they said if there was blood present there could be a risk. Now I worry because I have a nasty habit of biting the inside of my cheeks, and peeling the skin on my lips. I also have lip and tongue piercing which I got 4 years ago, so I'm sure they're healed... I'm not sure if that increases the risk. Now I worry if he was bleeding. I know I would have noticed but I was drunk as a skunk! So all these thoughts are swimming in my head!!

Anywho, I'm terrified to get tested. I'm going to force myself this week!!!!! Is it o.k to get tested even if it's been 2 1/2 to 3 years ago? I know testing qualifications are to be done at 3-6 months after incident. Did I wait to long???

Can I take the test and count on the results?? even if years later? Antibodies will still be detectable??

$50 donation as promised!! I send positive energy your way! :)

P.S Give me some courage to get tested!

Is it OK to get tested 2.5 to 3 years after a potential exposure? Yes, absolutely. There is no such thing as waiting too long! The problem is that you have to wait at least three months to get an accurate/definitive test result. Anytime after that three-month window period is fine.

Your HIV-acquisition risk from two minutes of tonsil hockey is negligible to nonexistent. Your fears are completely unwarranted. I'm absolutely confident you'll be WOO-HOOing like a banshee in heat when you see the results. You'll also be kicking yourself in the butt for wasting 2.5 years worrying over nothing!

Super Duper Fast Question
safe sex?