can't get tested now...

thanks. you must get so many intros like this, but i'd really appreciate your answer: i am living in thailand, away from a reliable test site... one month ago i was in bangkok getting a massage and the girl went down on me for oral sex. i was a bit out of it relaxed, and curious... but, i had enough after about 20 seconds... its not really my cup of tea to be with something in that way. neverthless, i am entering into a cherished, monogomous relationship. i know that i will not have sex with her until i am tested for sure, but i am a few months from being back near a reliable hospitable/test. i am a smart guy and have read the material. i know it is possible, but could you ease my mind if it really is super unlikely that i have been infected? i promise i will not endanger anyone by not checking for sure before having sex, but you could save my nerves a lot if you are able to do so truthfully. thanks for your time. i know it is valuable. -michael

Hello Michael,

Twenty seconds of unprotected insertive oral sex with a Bangkok Massage Gal of unknown HIV status poses a negligible risk for HIV acquisition. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be even lower, as we don't know the status of your rub-a-dub gal and your exposure was extremely brief. I would consider your description of your potential risk being "super unlikely" an understatement! I'm quite confident your definitive three-month test will be negative. Check out the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter devoted to oral sex. You'll find the information there reassuring.

MRI
masterbation (MASTURBATION SIDE EFFECTS, 2009)