Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

More than love in the air
Mar 10, 2009

I was driving, and came to a stop. A man on a bike that is known to have HIV in our area, came riding by my car VERY FAST! He was directly on the front side of my car. As he rode by, I noticed his whole leg was bleeding down his leg, A LOT!! Now I worry that the wind that passed, by the movement of his bicycle could have blew his blood in my eyes. My window was rolled down at the time.

Could this be an cause of concern?

Can I donate with cashiers check? I would like to donate half of my pay check for this matter to be resolved in my mind. It has caused me great grief. Thank you for you work and time!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

1. Can the wind from a fast-moving bicycle cause HIV-tainted blood on the rider's leg to be blown into your eyes as he rode by the open window of your car? No, absolutely not. Your fears are totally unwarranted. Stop worrying, OK?

2. Can you donate to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation via cashier's check? Yes, absolutely. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site: www.concertedeffort.org. Your donation is warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please interprete my HIV test results
Next
Life is not fair nor do you! 2

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.