|Conflicting Information and Donation
Mar 10, 2009
I was reading on another website, about people who have AIDS and if they're hiv antibody tests would still come up positive.
Now you have said in archives, someone who has full blown AIDS will always test positive for HIV.
Another doctor on a different website said this:
It is true that "sometimes people with aids test negative for hiv antibodies". But it is exceedingly rare, probably less than 1 in 1,000 infected persons. And as your question suggests, it is seen primarily in people with advanced AIDS, i.e. sick enough to be near death. Had those people been tested earlier, most would have had postive blood tests earlier in their illnesses."
Now what is the truth?
I made out with an HIV+ woman for a minute or 2. I have HSV-1 and worry if she was bleeding, or if I... I don't quite remember details. I also have my tongue pierced.
I tested 5 times which has been almost 2 1/2 years AFTER this incident.
Now I'm worried if I caught HIV now it's AIDS and it's not detectable in hiv antibody tests (1 ELISA and 4 rapid oraquick advance tests)
I also had a DNA by PCR done which came out negative. In any case "if" I had AIDS would the DNA by PCR have picked it up. I hear this test is done with people who already have HIV.
I will donate half of my paycheck for this detrimental question. I am soooo scared, any help would be greatly welcomed. And great karma sent to you!!! Love you Doc.
How much blood would be needed to infect through kissing? Even with HSV-1 or cuts in cheek or lips,and tongue ring?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
The information is really not conflicting. Let me try to sort it out for you.
1. There is no such ting as "full-blown AIDS" because there is no such thing as "partially-blown AIDS." AIDS is AIDS. Period.
2. Nearly all AIDS patients test HIV-antibody positive. In extremely rare situations people with end-stage AIDS will have complete collapse of the immune system and no longer will be able to produce anti-HIV antibodies. Please note these folks are at death's door. They are not up and about writing questions to Dr. Bob, OK?
3. Your five negative HIV tests out to 2.5 years after making out with an HIV-positive gal are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.
4. Your worries about having AIDS are completely unwarranted.
5. If you had AIDS the HIV-antibody test and the HIV DNA PCR would have picked it up.
7. Your concern about HSV-1, cuts and your tongue being pierced (OUCHAMAGOUCHA) are unwarranted because you tested definitively HIV negative, remember?
Thank you for the "great karma" and your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing, OK?
Be well. Stay well. Love you too!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.