Conflicting Information and Donation

I was reading on another website, about people who have AIDS and if they're hiv antibody tests would still come up positive.

Now you have said in archives, someone who has full blown AIDS will always test positive for HIV.

Another doctor on a different website said this:

It is true that "sometimes people with aids test negative for hiv antibodies". But it is exceedingly rare, probably less than 1 in 1,000 infected persons. And as your question suggests, it is seen primarily in people with advanced AIDS, i.e. sick enough to be near death. Had those people been tested earlier, most would have had postive blood tests earlier in their illnesses."

Now what is the truth?

I made out with an HIV+ woman for a minute or 2. I have HSV-1 and worry if she was bleeding, or if I... I don't quite remember details. I also have my tongue pierced.

I tested 5 times which has been almost 2 1/2 years AFTER this incident.

Now I'm worried if I caught HIV now it's AIDS and it's not detectable in hiv antibody tests (1 ELISA and 4 rapid oraquick advance tests)

I also had a DNA by PCR done which came out negative. In any case "if" I had AIDS would the DNA by PCR have picked it up. I hear this test is done with people who already have HIV.

I will donate half of my paycheck for this detrimental question. I am soooo scared, any help would be greatly welcomed. And great karma sent to you!!! Love you Doc.

How much blood would be needed to infect through kissing? Even with HSV-1 or cuts in cheek or lips,and tongue ring?

The information is really not conflicting. Let me try to sort it out for you.

1. There is no such ting as "full-blown AIDS" because there is no such thing as "partially-blown AIDS." AIDS is AIDS. Period.

2. Nearly all AIDS patients test HIV-antibody positive. In extremely rare situations people with end-stage AIDS will have complete collapse of the immune system and no longer will be able to produce anti-HIV antibodies. Please note these folks are at death's door. They are not up and about writing questions to Dr. Bob, OK?

3. Your five negative HIV tests out to 2.5 years after making out with an HIV-positive gal are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

4. Your worries about having AIDS are completely unwarranted.

5. If you had AIDS the HIV-antibody test and the HIV DNA PCR would have picked it up.

6. No specific amount of blood is necessary for HIV transmission. There are many factors involved in HIV transmission: viral strain, viral load, concurrent STDs, open wounds, etc.

7. Your concern about HSV-1, cuts and your tongue being pierced (OUCHAMAGOUCHA) are unwarranted because you tested definitively HIV negative, remember?

Thank you for the "great karma" and your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing, OK?

Be well. Stay well. Love you too!

OCD or genuine risk??
fellow doctor needs help