$100 testing question

I just recently took an HIV EIA Test and it said it tested HIV 1/O/2 Does that mean HIV1, HIV O, AND HIV2?

And I took 2 rapid oraquick advance HIV1/2 test

Do any of these test screen for ALL the rare HIV strains?

Is there such thing as HIV O, and is this considered a rare strain of HIV.

Would any of the rare strains be picked up eventually by any of these antibody tests?

I don't understand.

I will donate $100 for your info!

Thanks a bunch!!

Yes, the test you took would cover HIV-1 and HIV-2 as well as subtype "O." The tests you took are the best we have to offer. "All rare strains" would be unwarranted, unreasonable and completely inappropriate for routine HIV screening. As for subtype "O," yes, it's very, very rare. You should have absolutely faith that your HIV test results are completely accurate. Assuming you took your tests outside the window period your repeatedly negative results conclusively prove HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional tests are recommended or warranted. The only thing to do now is yell WOO-HOO and start celebrating (safely, of course).

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well. Good karma for your good health and your compassion/generosity toward others in need has been sent!

DayCare Staff Anxiety Follow Up
OCD or genuine risk??