HIV From Canine

Doctor,

I have recently acquired a dog.

She cut herself yesterday out in the garden. I took her inside,careful not to touch the blood. I put her in the bath and as I was bathing her she kicked and splashed liquid into my face. Im pretty sure it was the water from the sink.

If it in fact was blood or water containing blood, can I be infected with anything (like HIV/Hep etc) from her - my concern is that the breeders may have had one of these viruses and given it to her when caring for her as a puppy.

I supposed I am concerned about any disease that I could get but am asking you because I would be most concerned about HIV/Hep.

Thanks Doctor Bob. Donation will be sent.

Your worries about canine-transmitted HIV or hepatitis are completely unwarranted. Give the puppy a hug and stop worrying, OK?

Hetero Pos Son, 24, Despairs of ever having Love in his life
PS to HIV from Canine