Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please answer me I need your help(kissing)
Mar 9, 2009

Ive already sent an email asking my question but ni answer please answer I promise I will donate promise Ive already read many q&a s but I dont know why I need an answer to my question to get rid of this anxiety. to keep it short : I had deep kissing sessions with a guy that I have no idea what his status is and it came out that he was cheating me and also we had some mutual masturbations please inform me do I need an antibody test or not since I never experienced any flue like symtoms at the time it could be appeard but Im worried maybe becoz after many times he told me that he is not + but he cheated me and quited the relationship.I m worried before that I knew kissing is not a way of getting infected and also mutual masturbation and Ive always been protected but I sometimes think like this if there was a blood on his hand or if he touched my thing and some of his precum went in my vagina and etc and the anxiety is with me and I see myself as everytime I involve with a relationship I go and get tested its not right to kiss and go to labratory everytime?!

I see a psychotherapist as well to calm my anxiety but dear doctor please please even short give a reply to me and know that even if u dont reply I pray to god for you and the body group becoz of the big job you do for people expeiencing this fear. I promise I will donate please

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

If indeed you are so anxious about HIV that you feel the need to get HIV tested after every kiss, you are indeed in need of a psychotherapist. I agree with what you have read and your understanding that both kissing and mutual masturbation are not a significant risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. HIV testing would not be medically warranted; however, if you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV due to extenuating circumstances (blood exposure, etc.), a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark may be helpful in putting residual (largely unwarranted) fears permanently to rest.

Thank you for your desire to make a tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Donate
Next
Very deep lacerations

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.