deflazacort 30

Hello, Dr Bob:Thank you very much for your humanity and for your dedication for everybody who need your help.You are a great doctor and a better person. My question is very simple....I was during 4 days with DEFLAZACORT (30 MG DAY 1; 30 MG DAY 2; 15 MG DAY 3 AND 15 MG DAY 4)...due to a terrible hurt in my neck...Can I have an Elisa HIV test after 10 days of the finish of that treatment? Donation is on the way.Note: I had an elisa negative at four months and now its 6 months after a minimal incident which real risk is ZERO....but I want to retest for my peace of mind.Thank you very much from Spain

Hello Spanish Guy,

1. If indeed you had a minimal incident with "ZERO" risk, HIV testing is not warranted at all.

2. Even if you had an HIV risk, your negative ELISA at four months would be considered definitive and conclusive and no additional HIV testing would be warranted.

3. If you insist on getting a six-month test (totally unwarranted!) your four-day course of Deflazacort would not affect the accuracy of your HIV test result. It, of course, will once again be negative.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Good luck (although you really don't need it!).

Blastocystis hominis. Do I Have HIV?
Hairy Tongue = HIV?