Pathopysiology Class

My professor said that a virus is much smaller than a bacteria. Hence, any virus is considered highly communicable when transmitting within species. I think it is absolutely irresponsible when you tell people that, "if HIV was transmitted that easily, it would have wiped out the entire planet." HIV is transmitted very easily and if you keep making those remarks, we will have a pandemic.

1. It's pathophysiology, not "pathopysiology."

2. I'm delighted you are so enthralled by your professor's every word. His comment about viruses being much smaller than bacteria is correct. However, the "hence, any virus is considered highly communicable when transmitting within species" is not correct.

3. You think I'm absolutely irresponsible in my advice to questions. Fine. You can think whatever you like. That doesn't mean it has anything to do with reality.

4. HIV is not all that easy to acquire compared to, say, the common cold or flu viruses. If it were, it would have wiped out the entire planet long ago!

5. Finally, your comment: ". . . if you keep making those comments, we will have a pandemic." Sweetie, I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but HIV/AIDS is and has been for quite some time a global pandemic.

Please feel free to show my comments to your professor. I am an HIV/AIDS physician specialist with over a quarter of a century of experience in HIV/AIDS research, education and patient care. I am a board certified clinical immunologist and certified member of the American Academy of HIV Medicine. I am president of a not-for-profit charitable foundation that has raised over $1,250,000 for crucial services for HIVers worldwide. I have founded two medical clinics devoted to the comprehensive and compassionate care of those infected and affected by the virus. Finally, I am HIV positive and have been living with the virus since January 1991. I list these qualifications merely to point out that my "comments" are supported by science, fact and personal experience.

I suggest you get back to your books and keep studying. You obviously have much to learn.

Life is not fair nor do you! (WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION, 2009)
Doc, i'm beggin ya to help me out here