Raspado??? Sweet Cream?

O.k so I frequent this place in east los angeles that sells yummy raspados (shaved ice with real fruit topping on it)....from a SHABBY TRUCK of course. i know the truck isnt licensed so it moves around frquently.... I just found out that te guy that serves the raspados has hiv. Is this a risk if he purposely put his blood or semen in any of the strawberry fruit sauces??

There is also this fruit plate that has some kind of sweet cream on the sliced fruit...i just hope none of his "sweet cream" is in it!

Could hiv be transmitted in this way? I'm worried his truck isnt clean..in fact I'm sure it's not! If blood or semen was in it could I have gotten it by eating the raspado or fruit with creme???

IF NOT, THEN IS THIS DANGEROUS TO BUY FROM THIS TRUCK? COULD I GET INCURABLE DISEASES FROM EATING FROM THIS TRUCK?

ALSO... I read a post where someone asked when is a time to test and be conclusive... you said "3 months or more after potential exposure" did you mean 3 months alone is good...or anytime after. OR 3 months AND more after potential exposure??

I WILL GLADLY DONATE TO THE GORGEOUS DOC!! I love you and your fabulous work, I honestly have been reading a lot of your archives because my uncle has hiv and sometimes i need knowledge.. and i pray for you every night to continue your great work and to send happiness and love karma for you. you are such an inspiration!!

Whether you're noshing on yummy raspados from the "Shabby Truck" or enjoying tasty ice cream from the equally shabby "Homie Ice Cream" truck (see below), your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. The same applies for your concerns about a secret ingredient in the "sweet cream" sauce. Sure, you might get food poisoning from dining at the Shabby Truck and similar establishments, but HIV? Nah. No way.

Regarding HIV test results, a negative test anytime outside the window period (defined as the first three months after primary HIV exposure) would be considered definitive.

Be well. Hug your uncle for me, OK? Also, turn him on to this site if he doesn't already know about it. There's a wealth of information here that he may find helpful.

Ice Cream Man *Corrected* Feb 20, 2009

I just sent this same email but added one more thing. Disregard the first one, this is the one I corrected! :)(sorry about that)

I work in a very underprivileged area. I work with children and recently I bought the class some ice cream from an ice cream truck that frequents our school. The ice cream truck itself is pretty shabby looking. The name is "Homie Ice Cream" so you could imagine it is not a site for sore eyes. Anywho, I always buy a root beer float for myself and now I'm worried. The ice cream man was obviously an old gangster with tatoo's, a dirty shirt and all together pretty dirty. Is there any risk of HIV if the man had HIV? For instance if HIV infected blood or semen got on the ice cream scooper, or in the ice cream or root beer itself? Like if was actively bleeding and it dripped on the ice cream float.

I am very concerned for myself and for the kids because they always buy from him!

I will gladly donate for your wise thoughts on this. Peace and Love to you, handsome :)

Donation sent as soon as I wake up tomorrow!!! PROMISE!!

Homie Ice Cream??? Hmm . . . sounds like something you would hear about on Saturday Night Live. Nonetheless, whether "Homie" or "Ben and Jerry's," your HIV fears are completely unwarranted. You cannot contract HIV from eating ice cream no matter how shabby the truck or ice cream scooper happens to be. "Homie" may not be the most appealing name, but it beats "Mr. Softy" in my book! (The only thing worse would be Mr. Microsoft(y)!)

Be well. Stop worrying and enjoy your root beer float, OK?

What is the risk?
HIV and Cialis