Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Drunk as can be!!
Mar 2, 2009

I went to this gay bar with some friends. (I'm a straight woman) One of our friends has HIV and I sound ignorant asking, but I want to be more knowledgable about thi subject.

So this is what happened... He was SUPER DRUNK! He grabbed me from behind and pinched my butt, I was wearing a short skirt and I could feel him pinch my bare skin, then he lifted me up and scratched me. Is there any risk here? Like if he pinched me and made me bleed and had his blood on his fingers or in his nails? Or am I being paranoid??

Also, he grabbed my camera and pulled his pants away from his body to take a photo of his private, then I grabbed my camera from him...what if he touched his private and got semen or pre-cum, then touched my camera, then I touched my camera with my hand and put the camera up to my eye to take a photo?..is this a risk? This happened on May 11th 2008 and I took an oral swab rapid test on July 17th 2008, DNA by PCR on July 28th, then another rapid blood prick test on August 26th, 2008. Is this completely and accurately conclusive? Or should I take another test?

I WILL PROUDLY DONATE A GRATEFUL DOANTION! My friends think you're soooo hot...so do I *BLUSHING*

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Are you being paranoid about the pinch and scratch? Yep, absolutely.

Are you at risk because he used your camera to snap a candid photo of his kibble and bits? No, of course not. Your HIV tests were negative because your HIV-acquisition risks were nonexistent. For future reference, in case you ever have a real HIV exposure, the guidelines recommend an HIV-antibody test (ELISA, EIA, rapid test) at the three-month mark for a definitive result. PCR testing is not recommended for routine HIV screening due to the rate of false positives, other technical concerns and cost.

To sum up, your risk is nonexistent and your tests are conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional (or previous) HIV testing is (was) warranted. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.

Thanks for the blush and for sending a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). (By the way, you could also send that x-rated pic on your camera.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Sex Shop
Next
What is the risk?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.