at the gynecologist

hi doctor i am writing from italy. i went to the gynecologist to have an ecocography. the doctor did a transvaginal ecography and she asked me if i had hiv cause 7 days before a woman with hiv and epatitis didn't tell her but she found it out herself since she was pretty sick. i think she didn't put a protection on the tool that she put inside my vagina cause i didn't see her doing it,within a week is it still possible to be infected if the worst scenario of that toll went in and out of our two vaginas? i am really scared. one hour before me another woman had the same medical test i had i don't know about her health.i was taking some antibiotics called bassado to treat an uroplasma infection,and i had like 3 days of diharrea cought and a cold like a week after that accident.now i feel my vagina burning and i immagine all kind of bacteria hpv being trasmetted tru'that tool. but as i told u what is scarring me the most is the risk of hiv. i thank u so much for taking your time and i apologize if u may think my question is stupid i know doctors are supposed to be professional but that female doctor didn't give me a good feeling.i am really scarred the only thing that keep me going is faith and the fact that i promised myself in 6 months i ll have the test and if it's gonna be negative i'll volounteer for people on weelchairs and when the pain is too much with my worries i see weelchairs everywhere i turn my face,i hope it is a sign from God.I thank you so much what u do with this site... your work is really amazing! alice from italy

Hello Alice from Italy,

Relax Alice, your fears are unwarranted. The tools used for gynecological examinations are sterilized (autoclaved) after each use. Protective coverings (like a condom on a sex toy) are not necessary for medical and dental instruments that are sterilized. If you didn't have a good feeling about your recent visit to the gynecologist, don't go back. Find a new gynecologist whom you trust. If you're having ongoing vaginal symptoms now, your new gynecologist can evaluate those symptoms for you. I'm very confident your HIV test will be negative, which is good news for you and all those folks in wheelchairs whom you've been seeing of late.

Be well. Ciao.

HIV develops escape mutations to evade immune system
Disgusting experience