Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dubai Distressed Dude (DDD) , with a brand-new anxiety!!!
Mar 1, 2009

Hiya Dr.Bob-kins,

Well, have donated twice, and will do so again ( even if you don't answer this one....) Your cause is cause enough, and I hope to regulary set aside some money for your worthy, worthy, crusade of kindness.

Okay, down to the nitty-gritty-titty...

Went to my "favourite" (!)massage parlour in Dubai, and was attended by my "favourite" girl ( they actually have numbers that makes it easier then learning their Chinese names!)

She rubbed me ( oh so good), then turned me round, and "tugged" me ( oh so very good!), till I came...big time.

She then wiped me clean with a cloth that was handy nearby -- and I was too spaced out to protest.

My anxiety set in only afterwards - what if the cloth she used on me had been used to mop up a previous "happy" client just before me ?!

Yikes !

The thought makes me shrink, in more ways than one....

Please, Dr.Bob, is there even a faint possibility that I may be at risk of having been inadvertently infected ?

I remain your devoted fan,in hope,

3D aka DDD

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey 3D,

Welcome back to the forum. Your fears are once again unwarranted! HIV does not survive very long outside the body. Add to this the very unlikely chance that your favorite rub-and-tug gal would use a spunked-up cloth to clean up your happy ending and the very unlikely possibility that the previous client was "virally enhanced" and the extremely, extremely unlikely chance that even if the previous happy-ending recipient was poz and even if your gal-pal used the same gunky-spunky trick towel and even if the towel was used immediately (please note that's a whole lot of "even ifs"), the chance an adequate amount of fresh, HIV-tainted jizz actually got into your urethra (pee hole) is beyond remote. So adding all these improbabilities together, your HIV risk becomes essentially nonexistent, OK? If, despite my reassurance, you remain a distressed dude, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I have absolutely no doubt the results will be negative.

Thanks for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). We will use it for a new program we are collaborating on in the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. Rebel forces there have been raping women and young girls, leaving them damaged and at high risk for STDs, including HIV. We are working with several other nonprofit organizations to provide these battered women treatment, including HIV and STD post-exposure prophylaxis. Your gift is deeply appreciated.

Be well 3D-guy.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Breaking News? (RELIABILITY OF ORAQUICK ORAL TESTS)
Next
DayCare Staff Anxiety

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.