Immediate help please

Hi doctor Robert,

I was just informed by someone who I had sex that she has HIV. For the past month I have been thinking of committing suicide. But thanks to your article it gave hope to live my life again. However, now I feel like I am ready to get tested. But prior of doing that I need to find a reliable counselor who will prepare me psychologically and emotionally for the net big phase. I understand that you are busy but you are actually saving a human life. I live in LA and need to find an HIV specialist with some optimism. thanx

You'll only need an HIV specialist if you test HIV positive. That hasn't happened yet. Let's take this one step at a time. Get tested first. If positive write back and I'll try to help.

Remember, the vast majority of HIV exposures do not result in HIV transmission (thankfully!). If you're having difficulty with anxiety and particularly if you've considered harming yourself, you should see a psychiatrist.

Good luck! I'm here if you need me, OK?

"Doors of heaven opened..."
HI KITTY?????? (HELLO KITTY)