Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks Dr Bob (Back to normal 1,2) 2
Feb 25, 2009

Hi Dr Bob,

Im stupid fool myself to go another EIA yesterday, which was 21wks turn ve. Since from your last reply already 100% confirm Im clean with no way no how! I totally fear of this and went to reconfirm you are right! Im stupid indeed!! (You told me viral load PCR is not recommended routine diagnosis for HIV testing).

Here I would like to take this opportunity to share some of my thought that: listen and believe what Dr Bob advice and recommend, get the test at the period of time. Dont find yourself to read another internet! They will guide you madly. If not you will like me.

My mentally still sick I need to visit psychologist.

thanks Dr Bod!

Rush

Hi Rush,

Not unexpectedly your HIV RNA PCR viral load is undetectable. This merely confirms what we already knew: You are definitively HIV negative! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. It's WOO-HOO time!

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOOing.

Dr. Bob

Hi Dr Bob,

Thanks for the advise and comments. Today i just get my viral load PCR result back with "undetectable". As what you exactly reply me (Can this be my final?). I have put too much fear to myself of this almost 21wks, right now i want my life back to normal (i will try to do it!) and WooHoo everyday!!

Dr Bob, I do not feel good to level with my wife (asia family). i'll keep it. thanks for your suggestion.

Great that i know this powerfull website and the foundation. will do for annual donation

lastly, wish you and your team be happy and good luck!

Thank you! Rush

Hello Rush,

My assessment and advice remain exactly the same as last time. Briefly, your repeatedly negative EIA tests are conclusive. No additional HIV testing is warranted or necessary. I do not recommend viral load PCR testing for routine HIV diagnostic testing (your result will undoubtedly be "undetectable").

I continue to suggest you level with your wife. This will help confront your guilt. It's also the right thing to do. If you continue to worry I would recommend you seek counseling to help you confront your irrational and totally unwarranted fears of being HIV infected. Your problem is not HIV, but rather fear of HIV!

Thank you for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Rush,

WOO-HOO once again. Stop testing and start celebrating, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
I agree with Dr Bob about criminilizing of non disclosure (CRIMINALIZATION OF HIV) (CRIMINALIZING HIV NON-DISCLOSURE, 2009)
Next
Unprotected sex with my partner

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.