Grasping at straws

Just wondering Dr Bob, (and in no way is this a criticism), but do you preferentially respond to and post Woohoos as opposed to Boohoos?

The reason I ask is that there seem to be so many stories of people with worrisome exposures and symptoms who end up testing definitively negative, and none that turn out to test positive. Perhaps it's because people don't write back once they test positive?

Yours from the depths of despair, MS

Do I preferentially respond to and post WOO-HOOs as opposed to BOO-HOOs? Nope! What I post reflects what I receive. However, I should point out this forum is dedicated to safer sex and HIV prevention. Consequently the vast majority of questions come from neggies, worried wells, and some magnetic couples. If you were to look at my other forum, "Fatigue and Anemia," nearly all questioners are "virally enhanced." Generally speaking, once someone knows he is HIV positive, he no longer submits questions about drunken adventures with strippers or masturbating with cucumbers stuck up his butt, etc.

Your observation about there being "so many stories of people with worrisome exposures and symptoms who end up testing definitively negative" is absolutely correct. There are and they do! And it's important for questioners to realize that not every exposure to HIV leads to HIV transmission. In fact the vast majority thankfully do not.

Chances are your "depths of despair" are really nothing more than fears and once you get your three-month definitive test, you'll be adding your testimonial to the many other WOO-HOOers you are reading about.

5th time's a charm...? please help, i've waited!
HIV test frequency question.