Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

5th time's a charm...? please help, i've waited!
Feb 23, 2009

Hi Dr. Bob,

PLEASE help me with my situation...

I will blunt and to the point!

1. my EX boyfriend tested HIV pos in Feb. 2008 2. my last sexual exposure to him was Jan. 4th 2008 3. i've tested 3,5,8, 11.5 months after my last exposure all antibody test NEGATIVE.

here is my scary concern. My question for you is is it possible that i could be one of those cases that NEVER test antibody positve? I've read some stories here on this forum of cases where people who had a HIV+ partner and were repeatedly infected had late seroconvered or just never produced antibodies...

Please advise me, should I ask my Doc for a PCR DNA test?

Please help me...

I would like to donate to your foundation. Do i do it through this email?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your multiple negative HIV tests out to 11.5 months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV tests are warranted.

Are you one of those cases that never test antibody positive? No, of course not. If you were HIV infected, you would definitely test HIV positive after the window period. However there is indeed a scenario in which you could indeed be "one of those cases that never tests positive." That very common scenario is the case where you are only worried about HIV but never become HIV infected!!!! Then you obviously would never test HIV positive.

Do you need an HIV PCR DNA? No, absolutely not.

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. The foundation accepts PayPal, credit cards, direct wire transfers, cashier's checks, personal checks, cash, gold teeth, you name it.

Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV negative tops barebacking HIV positive bottoms.
Next
Grasping at straws

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.