HIV negative tops barebacking HIV positive bottoms.

This is not as much a question as it is a response to all of you men who are asking about the risks involved when a negative top TOPS a positive bottom. Transmission DOES occur! I know the risks are statistically lower than if the top was poz and the bottom neg, but the risks are still HIGH. I know three men who recently seroconverted here in Portland (Oregon): all 3 were barebacking TOPS! One of these men was only 24 years old... This post isn't to judge any of you -- I've barebacked as a top for years. Just keep in mind that anal sex is an effective was for HIV to transfer from host to host, regardless of who's the top and who's the bottom. Tops are indeed getting it, every day. It's not safe and not worth it.

Thank you for writing in and reinforcing one of the many recurring themes I try to stress in this forum. Your real life experience of personally knowing three top guns who seroconverted as a consequence of barebacking hopefully will be a powerful message for all commando-Rambos out their to wake up and smell the AZT! I absolutely agree with you. Barebacking (even top-only barebacking) is not safe and definitely not worth the risk!

Be well. Stay well.

stupid old man but, not scarred?
5th time's a charm...? please help, i've waited!