Private question/criminal transmission?

Dear Doctor Bob,

I do not wish my question to be posted publicly, as the circumstances of my HIV infection would be instantly recognisable to those parties who, I believe, infected me intentionally, should they ever come across this site. If this sounds cryptic, then it's because it is! ;)

I genuinely don't want the string of my unfortunate circumstances posted on a public forum, since there is a chance - however slight - that someone who was involved would read it and realise that I was indeed infected with HIV as planned. This would give them great delight in what essentially was a premeditated act of murder/manslaughter.

As you can imagine, it's a fairly long story - but please do not publish this message on thebody.com. If you agree, please shoot me a mail to my email address and I can tell you the full story, which is, I admit, long-winded and KGB-esque in its devilishness.

May I just say that I have a huge amount of respect for you and, whether you choose to reply to this mail or not, wish you all the very best in the best of all possible futures with your husband Steve.

Regards, Anon

Hello Anon,

Here we go again. You don't want me to publicly post your question because it would be instantly recognizable by the perpetrators of the premeditated KGB-esque murder/manslaughter that is being inflicted upon you??? You're like the fifth one this week. Sorry Anon, I can't help with your "criminal transmission" if you're too wierded out with thoughts of HIV-wielding psychopaths to even ask a question publicly. (If you really need that level of confidentiality, I'd suggest you have an office visit with a physician.) However, I would advise you consider seeing a psychiatrist. The truth is they would be much more likely to be able to provide the help you need than I, or another HIV specialist physician would.

To test or not to test, that is the question..
You miss the point entirely