Please Dr. Bob, about to go insane, will donate $100

Dear Dr. Bob,

First of all I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to read and hopefully answer my question. I also would like to congratulate you and your fellow doctors who needless to say, do an amazing job helping persons in need like myself.

My situation is the following: I am a Mexican male who is about to get married and yesterday night while celebrating with some of my friends, we ended up having some drinks at a strip club. Needless to say some of my friends got me several lap dances with this russian girl. Nothing out of the ordinary happened (we didn't have sex) but we did french - kissed a lot and just before that happened I bit my tongue and at that time I didn't feel it, but probably it was bleeding because this morning it was still aching (and I have had this ache the whole day) and it seems a little bit redish. My question is the following: I have spent the whole day looking for a case similar to mine, but I have not find anything dealing with a bleeding tongue. By now, I am aware that for kissing to represent a risk, there would have to be "bizarre extenuating circumstances". Now considering my above described situation and assuming that this girl could have had cuts in her mouth or even she could have bitten her tongue as well (situation that I don't know), in your valuable opinion would you consider HIV testing a "must-do" for me, should I suspend the wedding and unprotected sex activities with my future wife?? For sake of clarity, I have to say that I didn't taste blood at any moment whatsoever, but I was a bit drunk and I am so worried with the WHAT IF????? Pleas please please Drs. help me, I am going crazy here, I would not like to have problems with my future wife, or lose her because of this very stupid mistake!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot and god bless you all. CJ

Hi CJ,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. I see no reason for concern or for postponing your nuptials. If my reassurance isn't enough for you to shake off your worries, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark to put these unwarranted worries permanently to rest. The results will undoubtedly be negative. You can level with your fiancée. I doubt she'll be overly upset by a few lap dances and French kissing during your boys-night-out. You could use latex condoms with your fiancée/wife during the three-month window period if either of you is concerned.

Thanks for your kind donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. (I very strongly believe it will be negative.)

Barry Who got Stuck In Thailand Due To Riot - Back With Results
Can health care workers practice with AIDS?