Is this a bad omen?

Dear dr Robert, I've been HIV+ since last august. In the hopes of a rise in the CD4's after the initial infection, my numbers have declined in the past 3 months (october: 390, jan: 310). I know it is too early to say there's a "pattern" in the decline, but I am kind of worried this happens despite a low viral load (1100). I am scared that the low/declining CD4 count+low VL means that treatment won't be able to restore the CD4 count to a proper level.

Ideally you could tell me my reasoning completely non-logical and rediculous.

Thanx, worried

OK, "your reasoning is completely non-logical and ridiculous." There, feel better? (By the way I don't think non-logical is a word. Illogical would be better. And so ends today's vocabulary lesson.)

Your HIV specialist should have explained a bit more about the natural history of HIV disease and what to expect from antiretroviral therapy.

At this point I would suggest you get an HIV resistance test (genotype) and strongly consider beginning treatment.

Blood stain on vaginal region of clothes - yuck!
Believe Dr Bob!!! (This will encourage someone)