can't donate anything.. but in desperate need of some answers

the good doctor, i have written many times regarding my situation, all with no responses. I appreciate the work you are doing, providing this servive to millions of people across the world. I am sure your sense of humour and precise answers have saved some people from suicide.

My question emanates from 20 July 2007 when I had protected sex with a friend. I do not know her status, and in september 2008, while undergoing tests for insurance purposes (did not include hiv for some reason), i was diagnosed with HBV. that totally took me by surprise and its sending me crazy. thinking back, i ofcourse see other symptoms - i had a sinus headache towards the end of 2007, itchy anal area beginning of 2008 and a persisting forehead skin problem since august 2008. my daughter born recently has coughs all the time, a dirrhoea and fevers.

I finally had the courage to test for hiv on 30 january 2009. my results are still not available!!!! i have phoned the doctor and she said the results will be sent by post. Funny that in germany that they send results by post and not provide any counseling. so its been 18 days and still counting and waiting. i guess i really dont have a question, as you will likely say wait for the results and symptoms are deceptive. I would need some of that karma though, and the courage to accept the outcome, whatever it might be.

once again, thank you for the service..

Hi German Guy,

You are ". . . in desperate need of some answers" and "have written many times regarding (your) situation, all with no responses," but you conclude your post by saying "I guess I really don't have a question"!?! Hmm . . . is there any wonder why I haven't responded?

Let me at least offer some words of encouragement. "Protected" sex is indeed protected against HIV if the latex condom is used properly and does not fail (break). HBV is a totally different virus, which you may have contracted a totally different way. I do agree with you: Symptoms are not reliable when trying to predict who is and is not HIV infected.

Sending HIV results via snail mail sounds like a really bad idea to me. Aren't there places in Germany you can get a rapid test (results in 20 minutes while you wait)? If not, there should be!

Finally, yes of course I'll send my good-luck karma that your HIV test is negative. I strongly suspect it will indeed be negative.

Good luck!

From SPAIN...I will donate $300 for answer
How do you do it?