Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is I infected HIV3?
Feb 16, 2009

I am 20y college student,suffered from extremely panic and depression. I recongize my life has long way to go, but really I can not hold on now. Please help this young man, let him get the lesson and move on. I know you help thousands thousands people, please help me!!! My title of question sounds strange, but it maybe be case and will be new scientific finding and will save other many people. I had one time droped condom,basicaly unprotected sex at five months ago with woman who had seven month old baby and she was in USA. I had any aids symptoms mentioned in the book after exposure. I did the following tests: 8 times Home Access kit, 4 times hiv1/2 EIA reflex and 2 times RNA loading bDNA3 and one time western blot at Quest Diag. one time DNA PCR, two times HIV1/2 EIA and two times western blots in Labcorp until today(five months). All these tests show negative or undetectable. One time CD4/CD8 at 28th day is 790/570=1.4. For times CBC, all showed in normal range. WBC is 5800-6000, lyphcyte is around 2100(33%-37%). ALT and AST in normal range. I had the following symptoms: Second day had ucler in mouth corner and lyph node swollen in the neck. Mild lyph node swollen in neck never get away. Soft stool always has. Hot flash feeling is always. Dry mouth in night, night sweating had two weeks. Sudden muscle pain and jion pain was common. I was infected by EBV,CMV and Herpes in this time(shown by high titer IGg antibody) I asked girl to detect HIV1 antibody negative by Home Access kit at 13th week. She was Korea lady, working in nurse home. She had seven month old baby. I asked her if she got test when pregnant. She said doctor took several times blood from her, nobody told her about hiv status. she was never intentioned to check HIV by herself. She think she do not have. She told me she was super senstive and super positive when she did TB test. She think she had voc. of TB in korea. But her x-film was fine and TB-free. I did not have any other risk except this time(no sex after and protected before). Recently I have white coat tongue, pain behind ear,some chest pain, several rash spots on chest, one side back pain and one side leg pain. but I still persist to run 1.5 miles exercise for everyday. My questions 1, Do I get a new strain which can not be detected by all methods? Like HIV3 I saw some cases in internet which can not be detected by any antibody,but finally is aids. 2, Is it possible I am the rare person who show delay serology? 3, Should I ask physician biopsy my lyph node to check virus. 4,Do I continue to check at 6,9 and 12th month? but I double I will sucess. Please tell me what I shoud do to reliese myself. I do not think I have psycology problem. I can not creat these symptoms. Please let me move on!!! I really appreciate your effects for me and others!!! Hope you are very well!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Let me get this straight. You had a bout of unprotected vaginal sex five months ago and since then you've had:

1. Eight negative Home Access tests;

2. Four negative HIV-1/HIV-2 EIA;

3. two undetectable RNA loaded bDNA-3 tests;

4. One negative Western Blot;

5. One negative HIV DNA PCR;

6. Two additional negative HIV-1/HIV-2 EIA tests;

7. Two additional negative Western Blot tests;

8. One normal CD4/CD8 count and ratio;

9. Four normal CBCs; and

10. Normal liver function tests.

Hmmmm... impressive! Totally unwarranted but impressive nonetheless! Dude, exactly what part of "HIV negative" are you having difficulty understanding? Your multiple tests are definitive, conclusive and highly excessive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

To answer your specific questions:

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

You report: "I do not think I have 'psycology' problem." Sorry, I strongly disagree. My advice is simple:

1. See a general internal medicine doctor for any persistent symptoms. However, remember one thing is certain: These symptoms are not related to HIV!

2. Stop getting HIV tests. You've had way too many already.

3. Seek psychological counseling for your irrational fear of being HIV infected. Many of your symptoms could be psychosomatic or related to anxiety.

And by the way it's "Am I infected", not "Is I infected", OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Need help .. (USING HIV RNS PLASMA VIRAL LOAD FOR ROUTINE DIAGNOSTIC HIV SCREENING)
Next
loss of core antibody

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.