Zoonosis

Doctor Bob,

Short and sweet - my 3 year old was scratched and bitten by a friends new kitten that they got from the pound.

Is there any danger of developing HIV if the cat is FIV infected?

I have tried to research but cant find much except humans cant "almost certainly not" catch FIV - but this is just not definitive enough.

Should I take my son to the paediatrician?

I have checked the archives like you ask and can find nothing. I will make a donation to your wonderful cause.

I'll be more definitive. The risk of acquiring HIV from a kitty (or cat) is completely nonexistent. There is no reason for concern whatsoever and a visit to the pediatrician is not warranted.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Pregnant mommy :)
Hiv Testing + Sobril (Oxazepam)