Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The waiting game continues... update
Feb 15, 2009

Hi Dr B, Crazy Med student here again... no need to post this, but I thought I'd let you know that I finally got the guts to be seen by a doctor, sucked up my pride and fear of non-confidentiality (it was tough, let me tell you... let's just hope I don't end up doing any rotations in that particular ER). I'm glad I did, the guy was really understanding, and I already feel a bit better for at least having done something (besides researching primary HIV symptoms hours at a time).

Anyway, the doc sent out a PCR, along with a P24 and a bunch of other bloodwork, to see if my symptoms are HIV-related or not. So by some time next week, I should have an answer!

God, I've already asked too much of you at this point, but heck, can you cross your fingers for me?

(I realize that sounded like I was calling you God... which is really quite appropriate since you are like a God to this poor agnostic soul these days)

P.S. I think we were in Montreal at the same time last week... if I had known, I probably would have tried to stalk you ;)

Only kidding, only kidding. I only cyberstalk you.

Thanks for your help up to now... I'll let you know what happens.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Can I just send you some Dr. Bob-certified good-luck karma instead of the finger-crossing stuff? It's damn difficult to type with crossed digits.

I love Montreal, but who the hell schedules medical conferences there in February? Apparently Siberia and the Arctic Circle must have been booked up.

As for stalking, you wouldn't be the first. I should also advise you that if you choose the in-person version, you'll be adding lots of frequent flyer miles to your account over the next few months.

Be well. Good luck with the tests.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Labor and delivery options
Next
Another major symptoms showup in weeks 12. freaking out. Afraid to get tested.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.