Extreme OCD - what's the solution ?

Hi Dr,

I really admire what you do, this is by far the most comprehensive and reliable info source on the web. Here's the problem. I am obsessed with HIV risk. I am bisexual and keep placing myself in compromising situations, like hanging about in a legitimate gym steam room untill I get hit on. Today I made eye contact with a fit guy in the steam room and he wiped out his erect penis, I watched him for literally 40 secs and left. He never touched me but I am still losing my mind. What if in the dim, steamy light he had actually cum on me, improbable as he'd only just started whacking it and I doubt he came...I know in theory this is rediculous but I still need a practical couse of action because now waiting 12 weeks to be tested is a prison sentence. Really appreciate your advice.Donation forthcoming, money I have, sanity not.

Best James

You seem to have excellent insight into your problem. You entitled your post "Extreme OCD" and you clearly state you know your fears are "ridiculous." The "practical course of action" is quite straightforward. You need psychological counseling to help you confront and conquer your irrational totally unwarranted HIV fears. I would also suggest you explore sexual orientation issues, as that may well be part of the problem as well. Two things are absolutely certain:

1. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

2. That steam room isn't all that "legitimate"!

treatment for hiv
Confusing data/ $75 question