Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Extreme OCD - what's the solution ?
Feb 15, 2009

Hi Dr,

I really admire what you do, this is by far the most comprehensive and reliable info source on the web. Here's the problem. I am obsessed with HIV risk. I am bisexual and keep placing myself in compromising situations, like hanging about in a legitimate gym steam room untill I get hit on. Today I made eye contact with a fit guy in the steam room and he wiped out his erect penis, I watched him for literally 40 secs and left. He never touched me but I am still losing my mind. What if in the dim, steamy light he had actually cum on me, improbable as he'd only just started whacking it and I doubt he came...I know in theory this is rediculous but I still need a practical couse of action because now waiting 12 weeks to be tested is a prison sentence. Really appreciate your advice.Donation forthcoming, money I have, sanity not.

Best James

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You seem to have excellent insight into your problem. You entitled your post "Extreme OCD" and you clearly state you know your fears are "ridiculous." The "practical course of action" is quite straightforward. You need psychological counseling to help you confront and conquer your irrational totally unwarranted HIV fears. I would also suggest you explore sexual orientation issues, as that may well be part of the problem as well. Two things are absolutely certain:

1. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

2. That steam room isn't all that "legitimate"!

Dr. Bob

Previous
treatment for hiv
Next
Confusing data/ $75 question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.