Back to Normal (2)

Hi Dr Bob

another donation will do to your foundation

Back to the title that i sent to you last 2wks "back to normal". Dr.Bob, i still can not rest and feel i clean even you told me another 12wks test is not necessary! you told me that my risk is very low, but i still think that the risk still risk (the condom did no break). last week i went to viral load PCR test. the result need to wait 2wks. Doc will this result tell me OK? or i need to go EIA again. i mentally sick. or can i woohoo based on your last reply...

Hi Dr Bob,

I really need your reply as i really stress out to face my family. (can i stop testing) I have sent few time related to the title of back to normal.

I have done a big mistake to my life during my business trip to China. With 2 different part time sex worker (protected vaginal intercourse 4 times and one insertive unprotected oral sex less then 30sec, and kissing. I do not have knowledge about STD). I know and have checked some of the forum that you reply with similar to my case, but I really need your words to tell me.

1. With 3wks, 6wks, and 82days EIA test negative conclusive? Do I need to take another 12 wks? My local lab asks me to do that but I really stress up myself to waiting another 12wks.

2.The local lab told me that the body fluid my contacted to me. So they request me come another 12wks? How do you justify my risk?

Dr. Bob till now 18wks I never touch to my wife, stress to wait another 3 months mark. But I think I can not stay so long till she knows that. I dun really wan to screw up my family, I just started and have one kids. She started ask me to plan for second. OK to go ahead?

Im really impressed your work and karma. Lesson learns to me!

Donation will do for your foundation

Rush

Hello Rush,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is very low. Protected vaginal sex is indeed "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Insertive oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for HIV acquisition.

To address your specific questions:

1. I would consider your repeatedly negative EIA tests out to 82 days definitive following such a minimal risk.

2. I do not feel another test in 12 weeks is warranted or necessary.

3. Yes, go ahead with your plans for a second child.

I also recommend you level with your wife. Not only is it the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Good luck. Be well. Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation

Hello Rush,

My assessment and advice remain exactly the same as last time. Briefly, your repeatedly negative EIA tests are conclusive. No additional HIV testing is warranted or necessary. I do not recommend viral load PCR testing for routine HIV diagnostic testing (your result will undoubtedly be "undetectable").

I continue to suggest you level with your wife. This will help confront your guilt. It's also the right thing to do. If you continue to worry I would recommend you seek counseling to help you confront your irrational and totally unwarranted fears of being HIV infected. Your problem is not HIV, but rather fear of HIV!

Thank you for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated.

anxiety vs antibody?
Is switching from Kaletra to Isentress wise after latest data?