Viral Load is decreasing

I got infected with HIV in 1992 and havent had treatment. whats surprising me is when I went for HIV test in 2007 my viral load was 750,000 and my cd4 count was 620. I again went for tests last month and to my surprise my viral load was 7,800 and CD4 count remained exactly the same. I havent taken HIV medication and am not taking any HIV medication. How is this possible that the viral load drops so low without any drugs?

The course of HIV varies considerably from person to person based on many different factors. Some of those factors are related to the virus (viral strain, viral fitness, etc.); others are related to the host (immune integrity, concurrent infections, genetics, etc.). Some people are HIV infected but do not progress as predicted (so called "long-term nonprogressors"). Some folks are infected and are able to control HIV viral replication without antiretroviral drugs (so called "elite controllers). What concerns me about your situation is that you were infected in 1992 but didn't go for testing until 2007!? And despite having an HIV plasma viral load of 750,000 in 2007 you didn't retest until last month!? Sir or Madam, so far you've been incredibly lucky; however, there is no guarantee your luck will continue. I urge you to establish care with an HIV specialist physician and to get routine laboratory and clinical monitoring of your HIV disease every three to four months.

It's the Sacred Twinkie!
HIV & TB