Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

In the immortal words of Blur: WooHoo!
Feb 14, 2009

Hey Dr. Frascino, I just wanted to thank you and this entire organization for all the good work you do. Over two months ago I was in New Zealand, not knowing that prostitution was legal there, and went to what I thought was a massage parlor only to find the girl there being very insistent on giving me head. I was apprehensive but I guess since I was on vacation I went with it. Protection was used so I thought it was alright. Two weeks later I developed a rash on my chest and arms, had the flu, my tongue acquired a white film, and I felt some worrisome bumps on the roof of my mouth. I later developed a wart on my neck which I some sites said could be linked to a suppressed immune system. Also the girl at the place said she was Thia, I looked up the HIV rate of Thia people and was disturbed to see how high it was. So I freaked out and spent two months concealing the anxiety I was living with from everyone I loved and did the classic "looking at symptoms online" routine. Your website was the only thing that gave me hope made me realize how minimal my risk was and motivated me to get tested. I was tested today and am happy to say that I am negative!

Now if only we could get rid of those other medical websites that say things like,"if you have a white tongue and the flu at the same time it is very likely you have HIV" :)

Thanks doc for everything!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

WOO-HOO and congratulations. Yes, it can be difficult to get rid of idiotic, inaccurate, annoying, downright irritating and harmful things. After all it took us eight years to get rid of Bush and Cheney!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
My pet
Next
Very Confused and Concerned

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.