In the immortal words of Blur: WooHoo!

Hey Dr. Frascino, I just wanted to thank you and this entire organization for all the good work you do. Over two months ago I was in New Zealand, not knowing that prostitution was legal there, and went to what I thought was a massage parlor only to find the girl there being very insistent on giving me head. I was apprehensive but I guess since I was on vacation I went with it. Protection was used so I thought it was alright. Two weeks later I developed a rash on my chest and arms, had the flu, my tongue acquired a white film, and I felt some worrisome bumps on the roof of my mouth. I later developed a wart on my neck which I some sites said could be linked to a suppressed immune system. Also the girl at the place said she was Thia, I looked up the HIV rate of Thia people and was disturbed to see how high it was. So I freaked out and spent two months concealing the anxiety I was living with from everyone I loved and did the classic "looking at symptoms online" routine. Your website was the only thing that gave me hope made me realize how minimal my risk was and motivated me to get tested. I was tested today and am happy to say that I am negative!

Now if only we could get rid of those other medical websites that say things like,"if you have a white tongue and the flu at the same time it is very likely you have HIV" :)

Thanks doc for everything!

WOO-HOO and congratulations. Yes, it can be difficult to get rid of idiotic, inaccurate, annoying, downright irritating and harmful things. After all it took us eight years to get rid of Bush and Cheney!

Be well.

My pet
Very Confused and Concerned