My pet

My dog plays with our hiv+ neighbor from time to time. What if my dog came in contact with his blood ie: from a scratch or bite and then got infected.

My question is: My dog has this nasty habit of sniffing me. He came up and stiff my private area. I was wearing this basketball short and underwear but the outside of the shorts were wet from his nose. Could I get infected from his wet nose (I guess it would be equivalent to human snot) I don't know. I need answers to better myself and to let my dog play with the neighbor!

$50 donation!

My pet and neighbor (Submitted Feb 11, 2009)

I just wrote in about my dog sniffing my crotch with his wet nose while wearing thin basketball short.. anyhow just to add I am FEMALE. just to be specific.

Please attach to my last email.

You're worried about contracting HIV from Toto's canine snot? Oh my. First off, your dog cannot contract HIV from your poz neighbor. HIV stands for "Human" Immunodeficiency Virus. Dogs, cats, alligators and koala bears can't catch it! Next, even if it were your HIV-positive neighbor who was sniffing your crotch and leaving snotty goobers on your basketball shorts, your HIV risk would still be nonexistent. Snot, like sweat, tears and urine, cannot transmit HIV unless it contains visible blood. I'd suggest you take a read through the archives of this forum paying particular attention to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. Don't be afraid to love both your snotty nosed pooch and neighbor, OK?

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

Its my birthday..please answer :) i know weird day to be asking!
In the immortal words of Blur: WooHoo!