Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

condom breakage
Feb 14, 2009

doc, i met a lady few weeks ago. i dont know her status. we had sex few days ago but before i even wore the condom, i was just ejaculating. i managed to wear the condom and i entered with difficulty because my penis was not strong. i came out just after 30sec realising that the condom just got broke. she said she did not feel me inside her so we are sure whether i penetrated her but there were some sperms on her thigh. doc, pls assess my risk. am i infected assuminmg she has hiv? my donation is coming soon.thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Quick-draw McGraw,

You shot your wad before you even got your condom on? Then you put the condom on your "not strong" penis and tried to enter your partner. The condom broke within 30 seconds and neither you nor your partner knows for sure if you managed to enter the love canal. Finally you found "sperms on her thigh." And you want me to assess your HIV risk? Dude, if you and your partner aren't even sure what happened, how can I accurately assess your risk? Let's take a worse-case scenario. Let's assume you somehow managed to get your Mr. Happy into her Bermuda Triangle unprotected, either because of a broken condom, a wrong turn, an accidental poke or whatever. In that case you would need an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. Under any circumstance your exposure was extremely brief considering the entire lovemaking session lasted just 30 seconds and this was apparently after you had popped your cork. All things considered your HIV-acquisition risk appears to be very low. But since no one seems to know what happened during your wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am 30 seconds, why not just get the three-month HIV test for peace of mind? Oh and by the way, you also might need to work on your overall sexual technique if you ever expect to get a second date.

Dr. Bob

Previous
unprotected sex ,swollen forever+donation 50$ thank you
Next
I love, love , love you and the beautiful work you doing

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.