Generous Donation

First off I would like to thank you for your kindness. Secondly I have a secret. I secretly worry about HIV every single day! My boyfriend hangs with this loser pot smoker friend and I worry if he does other drugs, like heroin. I asked my boyfriend and he tells me to stop acting crazy. 2 weeks after my boyfriend went to this guys house he came down with a really bad sore throat that lasted a few weeks and a bit of nausea now and then, followed by headaches on and off. And my boyfriend swore he felt swollen lmyph nodes. I took him to urgent care because I'm paranoid, and the doc said he didn't have swollen lymph nodes, and his throat looked fine. I didn't tell the doc that I was worried about HIV ars, I just said he had a sore throat for a few weeks. That it may be allergies (he has bad allergies since he was a kid)

I) My main question is the sore throat in ARS, is it red & noticeable by a doctor?

II) and when looked at by a doctor, IF IT WAS THE ARS SORE THROAT, would the doctor be able to tell if it was sore?

I promise to leave a VERY generous donation for your wonderful help!!!!!!!!!!

I do not believe your boyfriend has a problem with HIV, but I'm quite sure you have a problem with irrational fear of HIV! To "secretly worry about HIV every single day" is not normal. I would suggest rather than focusing on your boyfriend's sore throat you focus on your HIV anxiety. To specifically answer your questions:

1. Sore throats can look the same no matter what the cause.

2. Not necessarily.

Now what's all this nonsense about having your boyfriend be seen by a doctor but not even telling the doctor what you're worried about? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever! If your boyfriend had a significant HIV risk, which I very strongly doubt, he should get an HIV test at the three-month mark. No matter what happens with your boyfriend, I would suggest you spend some time perusing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on its related links. You should find the information enlightening and very reassuring. If not, and you still find yourself worrying about HIV every day, I would strongly recommend you seek counseling to help you confront and conquer these totally unwarranted fears.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

Devasted my child tested positive
Hot Tamale!!