Symptoms tell you nothing

Dear dr Bob, and all other readers out there.

The last six months I have gone through a hell. Convincing myself I had HIV after one minute of unprotected oral sex. I became really depressed and (convinced myself i was) having all symptoms related tot ARS/HIV. Attributing all symptoms I had (sore throat, folliculitis, afts, headaches, you name it) to HIV.

To go short, the body has helped me a lot through the last months and the archives give loads of comforting information and has eventually made me get a test.

I got my test results back today and guess what - all STD including HIV were negative. So to all you folks out there scaring yourself or afraid to get tested: Symptoms are completely unreliable in predicting if you have HIV. You can make yourself go insane. If you don't believe dr Bob believe it from me: Just get tested. It will give you peace of mind.

Dr Bob - thanx for being you! Warmest regards, Dutch guy

Hey Dutch Guy,

Thanks for taking the time to write and share your newfound insights and good news. WOO-HOO! Thanks also for reinforcing one of my recurrent themes: symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected!

Be well. Stay well.

is there any chance for hiv
Mixed Status Couple