3 inconclusive HIV results

Dr Frascino - I found your blog to be extremely helpful! But I haven't come across any folks with exactly the same situation as myself... I have had 3 positive Elisa results, coupled with 3 negative Western Blots in the past yr. I have been in a monogamous relationship for over 2 yrs - and have always had negative ELISA results prior to 1 yr ago. Interestingly enough - I seem to get only positive ELISA results when my tests are sent to a certain lab company. When sent to another lab company, my tests come back fully negative. Also, my GP sent me to a lab to get the viral load test done (because I was freaking out) - and that also came back negative. What could be some of the reasons for this? I am extremely paranoid, and feel that there is something wrong with me. I am currently trying to get pregnant (I have no children thus far) and want to make sure that I have no health issues. Please help! Thanks so much...

A positive ELISA plus a negative confirmatory Western Blot is considered a "negative HIV test!" Therefore, in essence all your HIV tests have been "negative." There are many reasons for a reactive (positive) ELISA (EIA and/or rapid test). You can read about these in the archives, as I've discussed this topic at great length. There is nothing wrong with you other than your being "extremely paranoid." You are definitively and conclusively HIV negative (as corroborated by the undetectable HIV PCR plasma viral load). Stop freaking out and stop testing! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Thanks
it is 3rd time i am asking you a question but i didnot receive any answer