Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Blow Job Situation
Feb 10, 2009

Hello Doctor!

I hope you are doing well. I'm not very well... Heer is my problem: i'm 33, have type 1 diabetes since i was five and i m living in Vienna.. I visited a professional sex worker (female), and she gave me a blowjob without condom, because we both was sure she has absolutely no visible blood in her mouth... I think touched her outer vaginal lips accidentally(absolutely no penetration) But, she changed her mind and puted a condom on me after this one minute blow job (with her tongue).

We had after this protected vaginal sex....

My friend told me, that ti is dangerious to put condom after unprotected blow -job and i should take PEP (!). Doctor, is it true? I have type one diabetes and would this even increase my risk of getting infection (HIV, Hepatitis C)?

What is your opinion, was this safe?

P.S. I hope i could describe you my situation with my "terrible" english.... Alos hope, my donations will help your foundation and your work.

Best Wishes and regards

Michael

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Michael from Vienna!

Your English is far superior to my German!

The advice your friend gave you is incorrect! It is not at all dangerous to put a condom on after unprotected oral sex. PEP is definitely not warranted! Take a read through the chapter on oral sex in the archives of this forum. I'm sure you'll find the information there enlightening and reassuring. Also please enlighten your misinformed friend regarding HIV prevention techniques and the true risks for HIV transmission/acquisition from oral sex! Briefly, oral sex, particularly insertive oral sex, carries only a very minimal risk for HIV acquisition. Protected vaginal sex is indeed protected if the latex condom is used properly and does not break. Having diabetes does not increase your risk of contracting HIV or hepatitis C.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Atripla and Trazodone
Next
Bad side effects

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.