lack of superinfection and 'cure'

hi doc. it appears there's been some recent reevaluating regarding the topic of superinfection, written about on this very site.

a study lends credence to the theory that not only does superinfection not occur, but 2 poz partners become immune to the other's strain. Couple this with the study of the prostitutes who stayed healthy until they STOPPED exposing themselves with new HIV, and couple that with the fact that the initial natural immune response to hiv is very good,... we can come to a theory:

treatment for poz people should include perpetually re-exposing the patient to hiv.

Its like that Grindhouse movie where Bruce Wilis and the soliders are zombies, but they stay human as long as they continually intake the virus that causes zombi-ism. Thoughts?

Any studies exploring giving a patient HIV over and over? Are we on to somethign? Thank you, sir.

You want to design a clinical trial in which an HIV-negative person is given repeated exposures to HIV based on a Bruce Willis Zombie movie in which he retains his humanness by continually exposing himself to the virus that causes "zombism"???? Oh my. That has as much chance of getting through an investigational review board as Dubya has of simultaneously winning Nobel prizes for peace, economics and rocket science.

I assume your theory is based somewhat on the intriguing and slowly evolving story about HIV-negative men in long-term relationships with HIV-positive men developing an antibody response in saliva that may inhibit HIV infection. Investigations are underway studying IgA1 antibodies in HIV-negative men in magnetic relationships. To jump from these preliminary reports to a clinical trial such as you suggest is, of course, a quantum leap of faith that no one in their right mind should take, even zombie-ized Bruce Willis. Stay tuned to The Body. We'll keep you updated as we unlock more mysteries related to the immune response to HIV and the potential of induced protective immunity.

you never answered my question. do you hate me? but i like you.
HIV and Aids