you never answered my question. do you hate me? but i like you.

I asked this question two times in the past. Me and my date are planning to get a HIV test, before we start a relation. She has diabetes, she takes some pills and injections for controlling the diabetes. Is an HIV antibody test sufficient for her? I mean, is an HIV antibody test accurate? or does she have to get a PCR test?

You are wondering if I hate you because I haven't answered your question? No, I don't hate you, but I do get mildly annoyed at people who get annoyed at me for not responding to questions that have already been answered over and over again and are readily available in the archives. See below!

Yes, an HIV-antibody test would be accurate despite having diabetes and taking medication to control it. PCR testing is not warranted.

Diabetes and Hiv Testing! Aug 22, 2006

Hi Dr. Bob,

I am sorry if this is the wrong site for this question, but I did not see where else on here to ask so here is my simple question: If you have diabetes or high blood sugar levels and you are unaware of it so you are not taking any meds for it, will it intefere with your Hiv antibody tests results causing a false test result. Thank you ahead of time for your answer.

M.R.

Hello M.R.,

Diabetes with or without elevated blood sugars will not affect the results of your HIV tests.

Florist needs answers :(
lack of superinfection and 'cure'